Supporting our Customers
We recognise that once our customers are housed, they may need further support. Our programs provide housing plus support to help improve the lives of our customers. We actively seek out and develop partnerships with others in order to provide our customers with innovative and tailored support services, targeted at the prevention of homelessness and the development of independence for our customers. This support will create and engender a concept of choice, to enable our customers to increase their social and economic participation and achieve their full potential.
We promote a village approach to community living, building self-sufficiency and providing incentives, work and training to enhance community wealth. Providing opportunity to communities for self-empowerment, facilitating the bringing together of individuals, groups, support services, agencies and businesses. Basing decisions that impact our community, our service delivery and our organisation on sound research and evidence and a solid understanding of who our communities are, what they want, need aspire to and expect from Hume.
- is flexible
- is client focused
- understands the needs of clients
- is prepared to take on challenging clients with complex needs
- works well with partners for the benefit of the clients
- promotes good working relationships
- communicates well
- resolves issues effectively
- supports the partner in achieving outcomes for clients
- is well linked in with local networks