Our response to coronavirus (COVID-19)
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues into 2021 our top priority is the health and wellbeing of our customers, employees, and stakeholders. We will always ensure you are kept informed and are focused on providing you with reliable services and support throughout the pandemic.
For NSW Health messages in various languages click HERE:
Here are some resources to help you cope at this time:
Here is the latest on Hume operations:
What we are doing
IMPORTANT CUSTOMER INFORMATION & GETTING IN TOUCH WITH US
OFFICES CLOSED – PARRAMATTA & FAIRFIELD
The safety of customers are employees is our priority. During the Greater Sydney lockdown Hume’s offices in Parramatta, Fairfield and Claymore are CLOSED for appointments.
We are always available to assist you Monday-Friday 9am-5pm online and via phone.
HUNTER CUSTOMERS - VISITS TO HUME OFFICES BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
The safety of our customers and employees is important. We are asking all customers to contact us as we can help you with many of your requests over the phone or online.
If you do need to visit our Maitland or Raymond Terrace office you must book an appointment in advance.
To make an appointment and for all other enquiries, please contact us:
Paying your rent
- Our priority is ensuring that all customers sustain their homes. We know that throughout the pandemic, having a home has never been more important.
- It is extremely important that customers continue to pay their rent.
- You can find details on how to pay your rent here.
- If you are struggling to pay your rent as a result of health and/or financial impacts of the coronavirus health event, you must contact us. We will work with you to tailor arrangements based on your needs.
- For social housing customers, where rent is assessed based on income, we will not include Coronavirus Supplements, Special Payments or the Government Stimulus Payment as assessible income. This means many customers will have more money in their household budget to meet expenses whilst continuing to pay a social housing rent.
- We suggest that if you have not set up automatic deductions, now is a good time to do so.
- To protect customers and contractors in Greater Sydney during the COVID lockdown (26 June - 9 July) only Emergency Repairs will be delivered.
- Information and request form for Emergency Repairs can be found on our website.https://www.humehousing.com.au/repairs.html
- Or, you can call us on Phone and WhatsApp: (02) 9722 4300
- Following NSW Department of Health, regarding COVID– 19 Greater Sydney Lockdown advice (June 26- July 9) we have postponed all meetings and community events until further notice. Community rooms in Hume complexes will also be closed until further notice.
- To keep our community informed we will be updating the Hume website and social media platforms with information on how to keep safe. Further information about COVID-19 Can also be found at https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Pages/case-locations-and-alerts.aspx
- If you any have questions about how Hume is responding to Covid-19 (Coronavirus) please let us know. We can work with you to communicate using a method that best suits you.
- General Phone: (02) 9722 4300
- Press 1: Talk to a Customer Service Officer
- Press 2: General enquiries
- Press 3: Tenancy enquiries or paying rent
- Press 4: Housing enquiries
- General Email: email@example.com
DO YOU NEED A TRANSLATION?
To get information in your language, please call Translating and Intepreting Services on 131 450.
What you should do
- Follow our Facebook page and this webpage for more updates as they come.
- Protect yourself and others in public by maintaining good hygiene:
- Wash your hands regularly with soap or hand sanitiser
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or a tissue
- Stay at home if you are sick.
- Let us know by calling or emailing your Neighbourhood Officer if you or a family member has been diagnosed with coronavirus or has been asked to self-isolate.
- This will ensure we can advise our teams and contractors and help contain the spread of the virus.
- If you are concerned about your wellbeing or the wellbeing of your neighbours, please let us know immediately by contacting your Neighbourhood Officer.
Coronavirus trusted information
Anxiety and mental health support
- Hume is committed to supporting you throughout this health event.
- If you are experiencing anxiety or mental health concerns, there is a range of phone and web-based counselling support services available to assist you:
- If you know anyone who may be experiencing homelessness at this time, please ask them to contact our Housing Options Service on (02) 9722 4300 and select Option 4. Alternatively, they can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALSO YOU CAN CONTACT LINK2HOME:
- If you are in need of emergency housing support outside of Hume business hours please contact LINK2Home.
- Link2home provides homelessness information and a referral telephone service. It is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, every day of the year.
- For information, assessment or referral to homelessness services and support in NSW, call Link2home.
- From 9am to 10pm daily, Link2home provides callers with information, assessments and referrals to homelessness support and accommodation services across NSW.
- Between the hours of 10pm at night and 9am in the morning, Link2home provides information and assessment only and will refer people to emergency services if required. Referral to accommodation and support services is not possible during these hours.