Apply for a Transfer
If you are a social housing customer, you can apply to transfer to another home if there has been a change in your situation.
There are three different types of transfer requests:
General transfer request
A general transfer request can be made if your home is overcrowded or too big for what you need.
Priority transfer request
A priority transfer request can be made if:
- your family has broken down due to divorce or separation
- your home is extremely overcrowded
- someone in your house has developed a disability or serious medical condition
- someone in your house is at risk or the victim of continued harassment
Management transfers are recommended if:
- there is a serious risk to the safety of someone in the household
- the property is being sold or redeveloped
- the property is under occupied
- the head lease, the lease between the owner of the property and Hume, on the property has been ended
- the property has had modifications made to it that aren't needed by the current customer, but there is a customer who requires a modified property
- tenancy management issues
How to Apply
You will need to include supporting evidence with any transfer applications – for more information, speak to a Hume employee or refer to our Transfers Policy.
To apply for a general or priority transfer, please complete the following forms:
- NSW Government Application for Housing Assistance
- NSW Government Evidence Requirements Information Sheet (PDF)
- NSW Government Medical Assessment (PDF)
- Transfer Application for Community Housing (PDF)
Contact your Neighbourhood Officer or Housing Co-ordinator if you think you are eligible for a management transfer and they will arrange an assessment.