Developing for Social Impact
Hume are committed to our delivering programs and services that deliver social impact, ensuring that we remain a strong community anchor for our customers and stakeholders.
One of our core principles is that Housing is a Human Right. We recognise that for many customers who reside in our communities the provision of safe, secure and affordable housing is the foundation for them to focus on themselves, their families and being empowered to transform their lives. This self-determination is supported to engage customers through social and community activities, employment or training opportunities.
The Hume Development Team is looking at both revolutionary and evolutionary growth opportunities to bolster housing supply in NSW.
Revolutionary growth refers to Hume’s appetite for rapid and significant transformation across our operations. One way we would like to achieve revolutionary growth is through large tenders/partnerships.
These collaborations will see Hume expand our operations, access new markets, and leverage strengths through partnerships.
- $15m of funding for investment in new and existing homes in recent years.
- NSW LAHC Communities Plus Telopea Urban Renewal Project (consortium with Frasers Property) – 740 social dwellings to be delivered Tenancy and Property Management, Provision of Wrap Around Services)
- Core and Cluster - Raymond Terrace. 6 units and core service building. Subsidy: DCJ fully funding land and development costs. Delivery Date: April 2025
Evolutionary growth refers to Hume’s continuous growth strategy which increases and improves the amenity of our current housing stock to gradually increase efficiency and improve customer experience.
- NSW LAHC Social Housing Management Transfer – 2,206 dwellings in Maitland and Port Stephens LGAs (Tenancy and Property Management, Provision of Wrap Around Services)
- Work Funding Agreement (LAHC). Maintenance of 403 existing properties - $4.2 million