The Housing Independence Program is a short-term program that helps people without a home get ready to live in stable housing.
Accommodation is offered on a 3-month lease to start with, and people can be part of the program for a maximum period of 12 months.
We develop plans with our customers and help them to:
- improve poor rental history
- reduce their debts
- learn how to be a good customer
- access support services
- improve their education and employment options.
You must attach the information listed in the checklist below when you lodge your application.
If we don't have all of the information we ask for we won't be able to process your application.
The fields marked with an asterisk – star * are required, all other fields are optional.
You need to include proof of all income sources for yourself and each person who lives with you over the age of 18, including:
- Centrelink income – you will need to include income statements for the last year or sign the attached Multiple Consent Authority Form, which lets us check your Centrelink Income Statement
- salary or wages – you will need to include payslips for last year that show your gross income over this period or fill out the attached wage form
- self-employed income – you will need to include one of the following:
- a letter from your accountant that verifies your gross income and expenses for the last year
- a profit and loss statement that has been verified by your accountant for the last year and your lodged tax return and notice of assessment
- a profit and loss statement that has been lodged with Centrelink for the last year and your lodged tax return and notice of assessment.
Please include proof of any debts, for example: loan repayment statements for the last six weeks.
You need to include proof of identity for all members of your household, for example: drivers licence, birth certificate or passport. You need to give us at least two forms for each member of the household.
Please upload any current pay slips and/or an income statement under the Proof of income checklist option on the first page of this form.
If you, or members of your household are employed, please provide the details for each employer:
Please upload any documents under the Proof of current debts checklist option on the first page of this form.